In order to resolve segment errors, Users first need to find out what the error is. Users can find out what the error is within the segments tab in the member record.
Within the segments tab, scroll down to the Tracking Records section. For segments that were not reported successfully to MAPP, Users will see a red exclamation mark. If Users click on that, it will let show the specific error that FCM received back from MAPP when trying to report this segment.
All of the MAPP error reasons can be found in the MAPP Specifications in Appendix B: File Error Reason Codes
There will be some errors that Users can update within FCM, such as the incorrect date of birth. FCM continues to try to sync segments with errors for 1 month, so any errors such as date of birth or gender where an edit can be made in the chart should be made within 30 days. After that, we will attempt to sync those segments once a month.
It's important to address errors that pop up on the member's Segment tab as soon as possible; errors will show within a day or two of a segment creation. Failure to address right away can result in segments not reporting to MAPP, which will not generate BSQs, and Users will not be able to bill for HH services rendered for each month.
Fixing Common Segment Errors
The member is not eligible for Medicaid
A member needs to have active, unrestricted Medicaid in order for their segment to successfully report to MAPP. If the segment has this tracking error, check the member's Medicaid status as of the date of their segment start date in ePaces.
If the member does not have active Medicaid as of the segment start date, please adjust your segment start date to the first of the month of when the member's Medicaid is active. For example, if the original segment start date is 1/1/2023, but their Medicaid is inactive that month, but active as of 2/1/2023, update your segment start date in FCM to 2/1/2023.
Consent to Enroll is required for the full segment period
A consent date is required when submitting an Enrolled segment up to MAPP. If Users see this error, there are a number of different things to check to ensure you have everything set for your segment to report.
- Check under the member’s Documents tab to see if there is a HH consent uploaded under the Health Home Enrollment section of the documents. This is where FCM pulls the consent date to report up to MAPP.
- Sometimes, Users will see a segment start date that is prior to the consent date; this will also cause the segment to have an error. For example, if the segment start date is 3/1/2023 but the consent is dated 4/15/2023, the 3/1/2023 segment will not report to MAPP. The enrollment date and the consent date should be within the same month.
- If the consent document is within the same month of the enrolled segment and you are still seeing an error, this may be because of when the consent was uploaded into FCM. This error will persist if the consent was uploaded after FCM synced your HH's data with MAPP.
- Another thing to check if receiving this error is that the Health Home that is associated with the consent uploaded in FCM (Users can see this when clicking on the details of the consent) matches the Health Home that the segment is reporting.
- If the gray font HH/CMA combination does not align with the segment HH/CMA combination that is being reported to MAPP, this could be why the error is happening.
- If the segment month and consent date fall within the same month, the document was uploaded into FCM within an appropriate timeframe, and Users are still experiencing this error, please reach out to our Help Desk--we may need to manually enter the segment into MAPP due to consent logic that is preventing the most recent consent date from reporting to MAPP.
- ***NOTE*** If the member is coming out of a pended segment and back into a re-engaged enrolled segment, MAPP may have auto-ended your member's consent in MAPP. This will cause a member to receive a consent to enroll error because the system thinks that the member no longer has a consent on file due to the end date. If this happens, please reach out to our Help Desk--we will need to manually delete the consent end date that MAPP's system entered in mistakenly. MAPP is aware of this bug and hopes to have this fixed in their system in the December 2023 release.
Member under 21, use Child HH Referral Portal
If Users receive this error, it is due to the fact that the member is under 21. For members that should be in the Children’s HH, or enrolling as an Adult, but still not yet 21, these members would need to be entered by the CMA directly into the Children’s Portal as there are additional questions that need to be answered for those under 21.
It is important to note that Users should enter the member in the Children’s Portal and FCM on the same day. If Users enter them in the Children’s Portal one day, and FCM a few days later, FCM will delete that segment that was created in MAPP. FCM is seen as the source of truth for segments, so if there is no segment in FCM, but one in MAPP, it will think that it needs to delete that MAPP segment in order to match what is in FCM.
**NOTE** If the member has a birthdate within the same month of enrollment that they will be turning 21, pleaser each out to FCM for assistance with reporting their segment.
Invalid RE Code found
This error is due to the member’s Medicaid coverage. Here is a list of RE codes from DOH and their compatibility with the Health Home program. Note that MAPP is looking at the segment start date and their coverage that same month.
For example, if a member no longer has an invalid RE code, but did on 2/1/2023 when the segment started, the segment start date would need to be changed to the month when the member no longer had that invalid RE code in order to be successfully reported to MAPP.
Users can confirm this by checking ePaces and searching for the segment month that the chart is experiencing the error.
Overlaps existing segment on file
This error means that there is already a segment sitting in MAPP that overlaps with the segment that is trying to report. Users would need to log into MAPP to see what this segment is that is blocking the CMA's segment from going through. It could be that the member is currently enrolled with another HH, or there may be a previous HH segment that is closed out, but overlaps in dates of what Users are trying to submit.
To address this error, log into MAPP to identify what segment is overlapping and then adjust the segment start date to be the month after the segment in MAPP ends.
Member enrolled in ACT, Invalid End Date
This error means that a member's segment or segment end date for HH services falls within the member's active eligibility for ACT services. To fix this error, CMAs can contact MAPP Customer Care via secure email at MAPPemail@example.com and request they end the segment on their end. Users should provide them with the member's CIN, the end date, and end date reason code. This is not an error that FCM is able to clear for a CMA.
Error: No relationship exists between HH and MCP OR Code Not Mapped
When this error happens, it means that the Health Home does not have a relationship with the member's particular managed care plan, per MAPP. Segments cannot be created as of the segment start date without one. Please reach out to the HH to confirm this and for guidance on next steps.
DOB Entered Does Not Match DOB On Medicaid System
FCM does a recent only tracking file for each sync for 30 days and then a full sync once a month. If this error had been attempting to fix itself for over a month, and was not fixed within that time, tracking won't get picked up again and continue to try to sync until the next full sync. To get your segment to sync, Users can reach out to FCM for further assistance, or wait for the next full sync for their HH.
Questions? Email us at