Note: Only those with administrative FCM privileges can create a User Account. This includes users designated as a “Health Home Admin” and users designated as a “Downstream Admin”.
Once a new User account has been created, please send this Welcome to FCM link to them so they can follow steps on logging in for the first time and know where to find other helpful resources available to them.
1. Begin by navigating to the Manage menu, then choose the “Configuration” menu option.
2. On the Configuration screen, click on the "Users" section.
3. On the Users screen, click "New User" in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
4. In the New User screen, enter the user’s name, email address, and other details.
5. User Account Privileges:
- The Role drop-down is where you can indicate what permissions level the account should be given. There are three main types of user accounts: Health Home Admins, DSP Admins, and DSP Users.
- Most accounts will be given the “User” Role. If you are creating an account for a DSP administrator, select “Downstream Admin.”
- Take note of the “User is active” checkbox. This should be checked when creating new users. You can return to this screen and uncheck this box to deactivate a user; this will prevent the user from accessing the FCM.
- Clicking the “Allow access to billing module” checkbox allows users to access individual claims on patients’ individual “Billing” tabs and organization wide billing reports.
Clicking the “Receive billing statement emails” checkbox allows users to receive a copy of the billing statement from Foothold in their email inbox every two weeks.
- Note: Foothold recommends that all users with the “Receive billing statement emails” box checked also have the “Allow access to billing module” box checked.
6. Choose the User's universe/ access to data.
- If you are a DSP Admin, choose your CMA from the drop down menu here:
- If you are a HH Admin, choose your HH drop down menu here:
7. Finally, create a placeholder password and click Create User.
Note: Don’t send your colleague this password! This is just a temporary placeholder. Inform your colleague that they can create a password of their choosing by clicking “I forgot my password” when logging in to the FCM for the first time.
Next, if the new User will be assigned a caseload, please read the article, Creating a Care Manager Account, as the next step towards completing their access to FCM.